A Few Words from Angela
The following website, Myths and Legends, was developed in England, but provides readers the opportunity to view a wide variety of myths and legends that have been created by students and posted on the site. There is no cost to register at this site.
Take a few minutes to explore the site, including the link to create a story, and read two of the stories. Post your thoughts on this site, as well as if you feel that this site is something that would be of use in your classroom.
http://myths.e2bn.org/create/tool527-new--story-creator-2--beta.html
Angela
This website is really neat! I read some of the Halloween stories and they are so cute and super creative!! I can definitely seeing using this in my classroom for a number of different things. I think kids can really respond to it, and it seems relatively easy to figure out. This is one of my favorites so far.
ReplyDeleteI thought this website was really cute. It goes along with the last website we looked out because of creating your own story. I liked this site because you can choose a topic you like to read about and it will choose stories that you may like. I choose the topic of Halloween because Halloween is near, this would be a good site to take your students to and allow them to create their own Halloween story.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this website. I also went to the Halloween stories because Halloween is approaching. This would be a great tool in the classroom and a wonderful way to get kids to be creative.
ReplyDeleteI liked this website, although I thought the one last week was much better. The Halloween stories were cute. This would be a good website to use in the classroom, but I don't think it would be one that I would use.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Leah. I think the website we looked at last week was better than this. However,I still really enjoyed reading some of the stories and looking at the artwork. I played around with the story maker part of the site and found it to be relatively easy to use for myself, though students in lower grades might have trouble in creating their own works. Regardless I would still utilize this site in my future classroom and would encourage my students to as well.
ReplyDeleteI really liked this website, but I do not see myself using it in the classroom. I think the story website from last week was a lot better. I looked at some Halloween stories, since it is coming up this weekend. They were so cute! I like that you can choose a certain topic you want and it will pick out stories that may interest you.
ReplyDeleteThis is actually my favorite website so far! Its very interesting and I really enjoyed look at all of the things it has to offer children. This is a great Hallowen website to use for a holiday experience that the children will love!
ReplyDeleteI really liked this site I thought it was very interesting! I would say it is probably one of my favorites so far. I really think I would use this in the classroom since it was so interesting and fun for me.
ReplyDeleteI thought this site was really interesting, especially to use around this time of the year! I though it was really cool that teachers could become administrators to check their classroom's progress as a class.
ReplyDeletethis would be a great website for english teachers or for that matter to just any teacher. this is a great website for halloween, thanksgiving and almost any other holiday. It gives students real creative potential and they can "see" how what they are creating looks like
ReplyDeleteI think that this website would be a great tool to use in the classroom. The story creater would be a good way to present children with an interesting way to be creative. It would be neat to have each child upload pictures of themselves so that they could be part of the story they create. I also liked the Myth Map, it would be a good way to teach children about folktales from other cultures.
ReplyDeleteI think this website could be incorporated quite well into the classroom with holiday themed stories. It gives the students a creative outlet through which they can express themselves.
ReplyDelete