Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Fun Website to Explore

A Few Words from Angela

Hello Everyone,

I enjoyed reading all of your postings.  I noticed, as I'm sure as all of you did as well, that many of your favorite childhood books are tied to memories of family and invoke feelings of both warmth and comfort.  For the most part, these books will become ones that you may one day want to share with others.  It is my hope that as you continue through this course, you will discover other works that are just as powerful and want to include them in your classrooms.

For this week, I found a really great website that I thought all of you might enjoy.  The site is called Purpose Games, where you can actually create and play numerous educational games.  Please take some time to explore this site and play a few games.  Post to the blog your overall opinion of the site and your thoughts regarding some of the games you played.  I also created a game on the site, Literary Terms, which is found at the link below.  Play my game as well and see how much you remember from the class lecture.

http://www.purposegames.com/game/a8ae8d1424/info


 

12 comments:

  1. I think the site Purpose Games is a really good site for finding fun games for our classrooms. The games provide fun ways for students to learn. The Literary Term game is a good game which reinforced what we previously learned in class. Games like Literary Terms could be used for a good test prep material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the Purpose Games website. I found the majority of the games to be educational. I think that websites like Purpose Games are fun and vaid ways for children to learn in the classroom, especially because children today love to play games on the computer. Along with the Literary Terms game, I also played the skeletal system game, familiar faces in history, and the fifty states game. I found myself very interested and entertained. I was also suprized at the information I did or did not remember. It was definately a good way to refresh my memory on previously learned information. I agree with the above post in saying that the Literary Terms game would be a good way to prep for a test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Purpose Game website was great. There are many great games there that would be fun and educational for kids. I enjoyed playing the 50 states game as well as the literary terms game. It was a great refresher for the material we went over in class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Purpose Game website was pretty cool. There are tons of great, educational games on here for kids to learn all sorts of things from. I really liked the 50 states game. I think that it's very important for kids to learn where all the states are. I also played the literature game and Planets of the Solar System. I think that's another very important one because I didn't even know which planets were what. This website is a great, interactive way for kids to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Purpose Game website was very interesting. There were tons of great games, that would be great for us as teachers and for our students. I too like Emily really liked the 50 states game, and thought it would be good for the classroom. I also thought the literary terms game you made was a useful review of the class lectures. Overall I thought the website was great, and very educational that could be used in lots of classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While exploring the Purpose Games website, I found several things I both liked and disliked. I liked the fact that there was a variety of subjects in which students could takes quizzes on, as well as the material they covered. Games like 'the 50 states game' and those that dealt with Spanish-English could be very beneficial to students of the upper elementary/middle school level. However, I think that it might be too difficult and boring for students below fourth grade. The repetitive nature of each quiz having the same objective, look, and feel could be uninteresting to younger children. Even still, I did enjoy the site and would definitely encourage my future students to engage in it both in and out of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the website, www.purposegames.com and think it is a wonderful website for teachers to use in their classrooms. I can definitely see myself using this website in the future. Kids are into technology and computer games, so I think it would be a fun way for them to quiz themselves on what they learned. I really enjoyed the 50 States Game, Skeletal System Game, and The Capitals of the USA. The literary terms game was really good for refreshing my memory in what I learned during class. That type of game is a perfect way to prepare yourself for an exam. I also really like that you can create your own game, that way if the website doesn't have the type of game you need, you can create it with exactly everything you want it to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Purpose Games website is a great tool for teachers and students alike. There are many different games that would be a fun alternative to the normal routine of studying.
    The Literary Terms game was a nice review of lecture material and the type of game that it was would be useful for students of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Purpose Games website is a great thing to be used in the classroom. There are many different tags and categories that you can choose from and all of them provide good information. I really enjoyed playing the games in the music section. I played the piano keyboard and the greatest album covers of all time and enjoyed them both. I also enjoyed playing planets of the solar system. I think this is a good website to get students to learn better in a fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like Purpose Games website. You can use this as homework for students of all ages and actually get them to do their homework! Also I think this would be a great tool to use as review the day before or right before an exam and get them to maybe relax and loose some of that test anxiety and reinforce knowledge at the same time. I also like how you can create your own answers and questions in some of these games.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the purpose games website as well. Students like using computers instead of everything on paper, its more interacting and the games are actually fun as well as educational. Its also a great tool for teachers to use, especially because it has so many different categories to choose from. I definitely will want to use this site for my class in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked the Purpose Games website. I think its a wonderful way for Children to learn and have fun at the same time. Children love computer games so there is no better way for them to learn and have fun at the same time. I emjoyed the 50 states game along with the skeletal system game. This is a great website for teachers to use in their classrooms. If I ever get the chance I will definately use this web site in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.